Mumbai for long long been a go to place for people who want to experience a boisterous nightlife and an equally awesome cultural fest. With people from every part of the country coming here to fulfill their dreams, the city has become an awesome mix of cultures celebrated with same intensity as any other. But theirs much more to Mumbai then the bustling lifestyle and a busy schedule. You can also visit awesome hill stations that are located near Mumbai and have the time of your life. If you stay in Surat and want to visit Mumbai, then these hill stations should be your top priority. Just check the Surat to Mumbai train timetable and choose the train that best suits your timings.
- Khandala: One of the most famous hill station near Mumbai, Khandala is located in the Western Ghats. Mostly frequented by young population living in Pune and Mumbai, the town is located 550 meters from sea level surrounded by lush green hills. One can easily reach there by boarding the train to Lonavala and then moving ahead by hiring a taxi.
- Lonavala: Another hill station with close proximity to Mumbai, Lonavala is located 642 meters above sea level providing it with a pleasant weather around the year. You should visit Lonavala during the late monsoon season to see mini waterfalls all around you. There are many scenic forts here like Rajmachi fort, Lohagad and Visapur.
- Mahabaleshwar: One of the most captivating spots in Maharashtra, Mahabaleshwar is situated 1,438 meters above sea level amidst Western Ghats. Visit Mahabaleshwar in early summers to take part in the strawberry festival to taste a huge varieties of the red colored fruit. It is also famous for scenic surroundings and a wide variety of flora and fauna.
- Matheran: It is said if you are a tourist you visit Goa but if you are a traveler then you visit Matheran. A beautiful hill station, Matheran us still untouched and is a hidden gem in the state of Maharashtra. A famous spot for the hippies, come here for the peaceful and serene atmosphere.
- Malshej Ghat: Also located in Western Ghats, Malshej Ghat is a quaint hill station in Maharashtra. The place is famous for its various mountain passes, pleasing view of hills and picturesque waterfalls. Some of the must visit spots there are Shivneri Fort, Pimpalgaon Joga Dam and Malshej Falls.
- Lavasa: One 0f the newest hill station in India, Lavasa is a popular place located at 640 meters from the sea level. The roads to the town are awesome and it's best if you take your own vehicle to the town. Although still under construction, visit the town to witness lush green surrounding and vibrant homes.
These awesome hill station will not only soothe your nerves but will give you a headstart for the days coming ahead. You can deboard the train at any of the Mumbai Railway station and go ahead to visit these awesome hill stations. Just keep your eyes on the Surat to Mumbai train timetable and book tickets online to get best deals.