As a child, I used to play cricket with my father. I used to emulate his moves and techniques. It was very pleasing to the eyes, seeing my father play big shots with great skills. I just used to copy his strategies to gain success. Many a time, copying the moves of my father provided me exemplary benefits. However, there were situations, when I had to devise my own techniques or ideas to win the games from tight situations. At that point of time, I realized that if you have to taste success in the sports field, then the copying the strategies of others may give you short term success but in the long term you may have to be disappointed.
The same situation is visible and applicable when you decide to invest in the stock market.
What actually do you mean by copying investing techniques?
It actually means keeping a close watch on the investment habits of the experienced or reputed investors and following their techniques to trade in the stock market in anticipation of getting profitable returns.
Different ways of tracking investment habits of the big investors
There are some of the prominent ways through which you can keep a close watch on the investing techniques of the well known investors. These are as follows:
- Company Disclosure: In the quarterly reports, a company is required to publish the names of those investors who have got the more than one percent stakes. You can just go through the company disclosure and follow the big investors.
- Stock Exchange Websites: Most of the investors carry out the block and bulk deals. The names of these investors can be found on the stock exchange websites.
- News Channels: If you follow the finance news, then you may notice that some of the channels provide the best pics or investment strategies carried out by the top investors.
- Social Media Websites: A lot of reputed investors can be found in the popular social media websites. You can just follow them, understand their strategies, get the top stock market tips and lots more.
- Stock Market Apps: One of the best ways to get the market updates is through the stock market apps. With just a simple tap, you can get lots of information about the stock market in the form of news, blogs, articles and so on.
Does copying the big market players investment strategies yield profitable results?
There are lots of ace investors that make good profits in the stock market. Following these investors is nothing wrong as you are learning new techniques and if you are lucky enough, then you can also taste success in the market. However, for getting the long term and regular returns from the market, it is imperative that you come up with your own strategies and who knows you can find your name in the list of the BIG INVESTORS and other people follow you.